Sunday, September 27, 2009

CASEing Diana Gibbs

Did I mention that I love Diana Gibbs' work? I found this card on her blog a while back and thought it was great and wanted to CASE it. I can't find the original post, so I'm just putting the card in this post.

Here's Diana's card:


I happened to have everything on the card (a first for me!) after my Rich Regals Markers arrived (yeah, Marker Club!) so I set to work this morning. I actually made two of these because I needed a card for one of my blanket parcels and this came together quickly. I decided to make another because I liked it so much! (Plus I had stamped two butterflies and didn't want to let it go to waste!) The other new thing I tried on this card was to dye the ribbon. I didn't have the basic gray taffeta ribbon (it was the only thing I was missing!) so I took some 3/8" white grosgrain and used a sponge dauber to stain the ribbon basic gray. Worked like a charm! And so fast (if slightly messy). But, wait, you say, the dsp is different! Au contrare, my friend. It is from the same dsp pack: A Walk in the Park (now retired). I could have used the same exact paper as Diana, but I wanted to jazz it up a little and make it my own!


Supplies:
So Saffron, Whisper White, Basic Gray CS, A Walk in the Park dsp
Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray ink, So Saffron marker
Great Friend stamp set
3/8" white grosgrain ribbon (dyed to match with Basic gray ink)
sponge dauber
dimensionals
paper snips (great for cutting out butterflies!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Your version is awesome. I actually got mine from Valerie Stangle..how fun eh?

    Love listening to your blog...

    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!