Monday, September 28, 2009

An Apple a Day...



I found this cute scrap of retired DSP in the piles of paper scraps that I got from Kristin about a month and a half ago and was determined to use it, since I have the Tart and Tangy set that it coordinates with, but what with this and that, just got around to it now. It actually was more challenging to use it with the stamp set than I would have thought! It turns out that having a big pattern like that is hard to work with. I ended up just using one strip of the large piece (which wasn't big to begin with--about 3x5) as an accent on this super simple card. I had this idea a few days ago about using a window to frame an image. I wanted to have a vertical row of punched out windows, but it was impossible to get them lined up properly and there wasn't enough room on this layout for as many as I wanted. *Sigh* Maybe I'll have another go at it with a different layout and stamp set. Anyway, here is the result:


Supplies:
Kiwi Kiss CS, Retired Summer Picnic DSP
Rose Red Marker
Tart and Tangy, Sweet Sentiments stamp sets
Scallop square punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!