I had scheduled this post before I found out about my grandma, so forgive me if the card seems a little inappropriate to the occasion, but my grandma loved babies and was always happy to hear about a new grandchild, or in more recent years, great-grandchildren. I know she didn't always comprehend the names and faces of her many great-grandchildren, all of them having been born after her slow mental decline, but she loved them just the same, so I think this card is a fitting tribute to her.

I made this card on Friday using the Color
Throw down challenge and the Mojo Monday sketch challenge for this wee
k. I have to admit to scratching my head a little over the sketch and had almost decided to skip that one this week, but then the color challenge came along, and my brain started clicking away! This is actually a pretty simple card and I'm pleased with the result. Curvy Verses was the perfect stamp set to use for those little rectangles. It would be pretty easy to modify to make it into thank you cards for a baby shower, or even an invitation or something like that.


I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I actually think the baby card is perfect, a reminder that even though a life lived fully has ended, a new life has just begun! The hospital my beloved Father-in-law died in played the Brahms Lullaby over the speakers all over the hospital everytime a baby was born. Moments after he died, while we were still holding his hands, that Lullaby played. God is good!
ReplyDeleteJuliana, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. What a blessing and a hope you have, knowing you'll see her again in heaven---praise Him!! I think your card is absolutely the sweetest thing---it caught my eye right away. I live fairly close to Philadelphia, and my daughter is having a baby too! So many connections! I am glad you were able to play with us this week. I'll be checking out your blog on a continual basis!
ReplyDelete