Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Juicy Limes

Well, the rain has stopped for now, but it is still cloudy today. Yesterday and all last night it poured buckets, so at least we could walk to the post office this morning without getting ourselves and our packages drenched! My mother-in-law is visiting for a few days and so she and my son have been having a high old time throwing rubber balls, reading books, playing with hand puppets and coloring with crayons. And this mama gets a bit of a break, yippie!


I got my color inspiration for this card from a dress I noticed on a little girl in church this past Sunday. It was a black background with white daisies on it that were edged with bright green (the centers were green too). I thought it was so fresh and striking that I made a mental note to remember the combo.I admit this card is only very loosely based on this week's Mojo Monday sketch, but I was fiddling a lot to get the look I wanted with the tart and tangy set and this is the result. Oh well.

Supplies:
Green Galore, Basic Black, Whisper White cs
Tart and Tangy, Sweet Sentiments (retired) stamp set
Green galore, Jet Black staz-on ink
Green galore grosgrain ribbon (retired)
scallop square, 1 3/8" circle and 1 1/4" circle punches
dimensionals

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!