Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hallmark Inspiration

I got the Girlfriend's Guide to Surviving the Toddler Years yesterday and I was in tears last night as I was reading it, I was laughing so hard! After watching The Time Traveler's Wife earlier in the evening and crying buckets over it (the book is really sad too), I needed a little comedy. My husband kept asking me what was so funny and I kept trying to say, you just have to read it. He read a few paragraphs and laughed a bit too. I love Vicki Iovine. I read her pregnancy book when I was pregnant with my two-year-old and completely appreciated the comic relief. The What to Expect books are okay, but kind of encyclopedic, and sometimes, you just want to feel like someone gets what you are going through and has a sense of humour about it. Vicki's books totally fit the bill!

Anyway, on with the show.

I sometimes get my card inspiration from commercial cards but don't always try to copy them exactly. Today's card was my attempt to copy a Hallmark baby card that we received when my son was born. I was cleaning out a chest of stuff and ran across all the cards and decided to go through them before recycling. The original card just said, CASE me! So I did! I wasn't initially happy with the result, but after looking at it sitting on my desk for a day now, I'm pretty pleased with it!

Here is the original:And here is my version (scaled down to A2 size):


How do you like my little fishies? The card has more glitter than shows up in the photo--the sun, star, and part of the sailboat have glitter on them, as does the little dsp panel up in the upper right corner.

Supplies:
Whisper white, Bashful blue, brocade blue, so saffron, kiwi kiss, certainly celery cs, animal tales dsp
nursery necessities stamp set
heart to heart punch, 1/2" circle punch
white gel pen
two way glue pen, dazzling diamonds

1 comment:

  1. I was just checking out your PPA card, and decided to check out some more on your blog -- lovely baby card! You did a great job with that! TFS! (I may case in the very near future -- thank you!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!