Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ready to Razzle Dazzle?

I'm still exploring the possibilities for this stamp set--I received it as a Christmas gift and have been slow to ink it up much. Somehow it gets buried in my stack of solid floral stamps and I don't get to it when I'm hunting for a set! When I saw the Mojo Monday sketch, however, I knew I needed a large central stamp and thought the main Razzle Dazzle flower would do nicely. I also used a new color challenge (new to me at least): the Cards & Things Color Challenge, which was to use Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue and Mellow Moss. The challenge with these colors is to keep the lighter two from fading into each other. The bold pop of the elegant eggplant helps, I think! I ended up using two neutrals, because I thought that white matting looked too stark, but couldn't do without a white stamped panel. So everything is matted in kraft, which works as a nice muted accent.

I was playing around with texture on this card--I used direct-to-paper texturing on my cardstock base and on the edges of the main stamped panel (you simply take your ink pad and smear it down the cardstock to create an effect). I also made my own dsp on the elegant eggplant panel by stamping the small flower from Razzle Dazzle in Versamark using Karen Barber's background technique. (I used it on Monday's card as well, if you'll recall!) I also added some stamped texture to the Mellow moss panel with Itty Bitty backgrounds--how did I manage before this set?? That little spritz stamp adds so much to a card! (And you can get it for free during Sale-A-Bration--ask me how!)

Supplies:
Bordering blue, elegant eggplant, mellow moss, kraft, whisper white cs
Razzle Dazzle, Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp sets
Versamark, elegant eggplant, bordering blue, mellow moss markers, bordering blue ink
kraft taffeta ribbon, mellow moss grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!