Yesterday was a bit of an adventure. My son decided to throw two knock-down, throw-out tantrums in a row after his nap as we were trying to get out the door to run to the post office and drug store. The first was over shoe choice, the second over the stroller. He won on the shoes, I won on the stroller and have the scratches and scars to prove it! (This morning he tried again with the shoes and stroller as we went out to get a hair cut and I won on both counts today. Normally, I would just let him walk, but I didn't have the energy to run after him all afternoon and morning. And then there was the trauma of the haircut...being two is hard).
After all that, I was ready for my husband to come home and relieve me, but when he came home and was getting his bike put away and such, he managed to hit his head really hard on our old-fashioned twist-doorbell and gashed open his head and required 6 (!) staples! So he spent the evening in the ER and I stayed on duty. Luckily, my son was ready for bed earlier than usual, but I was pretty stressed by then. But wait, it gets better.
At about midnight, my son woke up freaked out and crying because somehow his diaper had slid down and he had soaked his jammies and his sheets and everything had to be changed and he needed to be calmed down. All I can say is thank God that Mr. Floppy (his lovey) and blanket were up by his head and were spared the mess so I didn't have to deal with that in the middle of the night as well. I thought I was home-free, but then this morning started off with a bang at 6:00 a.m. as the baby started his/her morning calasthenics routine on my internal organs. So it's been a trying day or so.
The good news is that Piglet (and I by extension) was invited to a birthday party/playdate this afternoon, so we will have something constructive to do when he gets up from his nap. Which brings me to today's card. I had to make a card for the birthday girl, of course, and it took a lot of tries before I had something I liked. I'm pretty happy with it--I like the bright colors and the balloons turned out well.Supplies:
Pink Passion, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White cs
Sock Monkey stamp set
Chocolate Chip ink, close to Cocoa, Pink Passion, So Saffron, Garden Green, Tempting Turquoise markers/ink
Tempting Turquoise ribbon
Linen thread
dimensionals
paper snips
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!