Monday, March 8, 2010

Color Inspiration is Everywhere, Part 4

This is the second to last of my Color Inspiration is Everywhere challenges. My color combos for this challenge (which I set for myself) came from household items, clothing combinations, etc. In short, ordinary items found in ordinary places. Today's color inspiration came from a Russian Palek scarf that I use as a small table cloth on a folding table in my crafting room. The colors roughly translate into SU colors as follows: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, More Mustard and Melon Mambo. I couldn't decide if the pink was more Melon Mambo or Regal Rose, but decided in the end just to play with it a little. You could probably use Real Red instead or in addition to, as you'll notice from the photos. I decided to combine my color challenge with Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch (#63) from last week and also to make things a little more difficult on myself by not using any neutrals on the card. I had originally intended that more of the card would be Bravo Burgundy, but by the time I'd finished with it, the base was a little lost in the shuffle. Oh well. I still like it. I made the scallop edge around the oval by punching out a bunch of corners with the Scallop Corner punch (available in the current mini catalog--you can shop online with me at the button on the sidebar!) and cutting them down and then adhering them around the edge. Took a bit of time, but it added that little bit of pink that I needed. I also used a bit of the pink on the shading of the bird, but it is pretty subtle. The card is going to a woman in Florida who is dying of ovarian cancer and needs some encouragement.

Supplies:
Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Melon Mambo cs
Sanded, Asian Artistry, Sweet Sentiments (retired) stamp sets
Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy, Melon mambo inks/markers
So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Ticket corner punch, scallop corner punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!