I had almost decided not to do any challenges this week, what with being so sick and such, but last night, I could feel my mojo coming back to me and decided to tackle a bunch of them while watching the first few episodes of the first season of Raising the Bar. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Mark-Paul Gosselar is nice, as always (what is up with the hair??), but it seems to me to be more of a show you have on in the background while you do something else. (Like stamp!)
This is my take on Stacey's Curtain Call Challenge (Act 19), which was to use Rich Razzleberry, Bashful blue, Pink Pirouette and White. I didn't have enough of any of those colors to spare a whole card base, but white works well and the rest is accented. The basic card design is from a swap I recieved in our Philly Inker's group last fall. Lynn's swap was done in white, basic black and crushed curry and had few layers than mine, but I liked the layout and overall design. The other little thing I discovered while making this card is that if you are using a pale color (like Pink Pirouette) you can imitate a pink base just by heavily sponging the edges of the base with the same color ink. Plus it gives the card a lovely glow, if I do say so myself. The squares on the background are stamped in Rich Razzleberry and then sponged with Bashful blue to tone them down a bit. As with the card from my first post of the day, I had to fuss with the sizing on the squares to get them to look right--I don't know what it is with me and squares!Supplies:
Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue cs
Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Bashful blue ink
Razzle Dazzle stamp set
sponges
Sorry to hear you've not been well, but it looks as if you're back on form - I see what you mean about a lovely glow! Thank you for the words of encouragement you left on my blog.
ReplyDeleteHi Juliana. I found you via the Diva Coffee Break Designs site because of your Asian Artistry Valentine - what a beautiful card! You are so talented and I have loved browsing your blog. You sound like a very interesting lady. Hugs, Jo.
ReplyDeleteglad your feeling better, Juliana! your card is darling:) thanks for playing along in the Curtain Call!
ReplyDelete