Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Confucius Say...Color Challenge!


I used Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge and combined it with Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketch to come up with this card. This card is a great example of how fiddling to get the right composition can produce a very different card from the one you started with. My original base was red and the certainly celery was only a minor accent. I had punched out the flower/butterfly and layered it so that it was round, but just couldn't get the card to look the way I wanted! So I decided to make the red a background harmony rather than the main concert soloist and that made all the difference in the world! Suddenly the card came together quite nicely! I love this color combo--I will probably come back to it again. I resisted the urge to use my gel pen to add accents on the borders, and am glad I did. The card has a nice clean fresh feel to it that I like--like the feeling you have right after a nice hot shower.

Supplies:
Certainly Celery, Real Red, whisper white cs, Bashful blue dsp
Of the Earth, Asian Artistry stamp sets
Real red, bashful blue, certainly celery markers, real red ink pad
Real Red 3/4" polka dot ribbon
tombow mono adhesive glue (for the ribbon)
scallop border punch

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I like your diamond focus panel. Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Juliana! how lovely! gorgeous use of image...love the splash of color:) you've used the colors and Karen's sketch beautifully! thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can't say your other card wouldn't have been good but this one is definitely a keeper. The colors are spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the stamps you used! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!