Friday, March 19, 2010

A lovely card, just for you

Secondary post for today; scroll down for the first post (a "whale" of a baby card).

I did a bunch of sketch/color challenges one night this week--boy was I on a roll!--and am trying to get them all posted before the next round gets going again! This card features the Picture Perfect Creations color challenge, as well as The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge for this week. I like how the black really pops out of the lighter colors. I wanted to keep the stamping very simple because of all the busyness of the dsp in the background and Pocket Silhouettes just seemed to fit the bill for this card. Like my little bling-bling? I just pried the rhinestone center out of one of our clear rhinestone brads (the medium size) and stuck it on the button with a glue dot. Easy-peasy and just the right pop!

Supplies:
Basic Black, Rose Red, Bashful blue, whisper white cs, Washington Apple (retired), Rose Red dsp
Pocket Silhouettes, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamps
Jet black Staz-On, basic black marker (for dots on scallop border)
Sherbet buttons, rhinestone brad
scallop border punch
black satin ribbon
matchbox tag die (borrowed)
dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Oh this just seems to bring peace upon me! Love the clean and simple nature, but with enough details to keep it interesting! Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Juliana! Thank you for playing along with The Sweet Stop! I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!