
Today's card is for a shoebox swap that I'm participating in this week. I debated about going because I was having trouble coming up with a design, but the Great Cardstock Organization Project of last week revealed 12 blank Pixie Pink card fronts that I had cut out for a different project and ended up scrapping, so I was determined to use that cardstock up! Pixie pink is not a color I usually reach for, so I turned to the IBC for color combinations and ended up using the Simply Scrapping Sunny Day color combo as my inspiration--Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive. Since there are going to be 10 of us swapping, the card needed to be something fast (8 minutes or under to make) and light on the embellishments for cost reasons. I had pulled out last year's SAB brochure a few days ago to look for ideas and the card on the front cover really struck my fancy. I liked the layout and the stamping was so simple! It is the foundation of Stampin' Up!'s philosophy of stamping: ink, stamps, paper. So while I didn't set out to make a KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetie) card, I think I ended up with one, nonetheless. It is mostly just stamping with a tiny bit of ribbon thrown in for good measure. Plus the bright colors are so cheery!
This is very cheery - perfect for your swap and definitely kiss-able! Thanks for playing at PPA!
ReplyDelete