
I received Forest Friends yesterday with a Sale-A-Bration order and had some fun playing around with it last night. I needed to come up with a Make-N-Take for our monthly Philly Inker's meeting next Monday and also had in mind to make an easel card--suddenly these babies are everywhere! You can find a tutorial here.

The make-n-take came together pretty easily (I'll show that off next week after the ladies have had a chance to make it!) but I struggled a lot with this card. I had been stamping with Creamy Caramel for the make-n-take and liked how the Forest Friends looked with it, but I didn't realize how hard that color is to use as a base color for a card! It works better as an accent, I think. In any case, I wanted to use Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch for this week, which lent itself nicely to the easel format, since it was square, but I had a lot of trouble with the layers and the dsp, getting the composition right. I also wanted to use my scallop corner punch to create a cool border on the circle, an idea I got from Lynn Pratt over at Stamp-n-Design, but had to fuss around a bit with it to get it right. I keep thinking I should have done some sponging or something else, but in the end, I just had to put my hands in the air and tell myself to walk away from the card. (I've been known to tell my mother that very thing many times!)

Supplies:
Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla cs, Sending Love Specialty dsp (Occ. mini)
Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SAB!), Forest Friends (SAB!), Warm Words stamp sets
Creamy Caramel ink
Very Vanilla 5/8" satin ribbon (Occ. Mini)
Open scallop border punch (SAB)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!