Sunday, February 14, 2010

Asian Artistry Valentine

My mom left this morning and I'm a little sad that she is gone, but at least I can look forward to May, when she'll come to help out with the new baby. On Friday afternoon, during my two-year old's nap, we decided to stamp together and use a color and sketch challenge. She ended up leaving the color challenge behind but I stuck with it, even though it was hard to work with! I think the sketch challenge was the hardest part--we used this week's PPA sketch and man, was it challenging! Sometimes those seemingly simple sketches can be the hardest.

I think my card took more than 2 hours to come together! The color challenge I used was the Diva Coffee Break Designs Color Challenge #164, which was to use Bravo Burgundy, Soft Suede and Pretty in Pink to make a Valentine. I ended up giving my card to my husband for Valentine's Day, so even though it is kind of non-traditional, I think it works as a Valentine.


My mom started out with Soft Suede and the rest of the colors, but decided to swap in Going Gray for Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette dsp for the Pretty in Pink. I liked the Pink Pirouette so much, I used it instead of Pretty in Pink myself! That's the beauty of group stamping--you bounce ideas off each other and make great cards as a result. My mom's card turned out so well, I think I'm going to have to CASE it! I've included it in this post for your viewing pleasure:

My card supplies:
Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette (textured), Very Vanilla, Soft Suede cs
Asian Artistry, Baroque Motifs, Sanded stamp sets
Soft Suede, Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette inks
Blender pen
Gold brads
Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon

My mom's card supplies:
Going Gray, Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette (textured), Whisper White cs, Bella Birds dsp (retired)
En Francais, Of the Earth, Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamps
Chocolate Chip, Going Gray, Bravo Burgundy, Pretty in Pink inks/markers
Gray satin ribbon (non-SU!)

5 comments:

  1. These are both very classy cards! So glad you shared them at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful! I love how you flipped the sketch on your card! Great job! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love that you used a set that isn't normally a "Valentine" set!! Great job!! Thanks for playing along with the Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliana
    They are both gorgeous cards. thanks so much for sharing
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful. Thanks for playing with the Divas on this one. Your card had been chosen as the featured card for the challenge and is on display on the diva blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!