
When I saw the Color Q challenge this week, I thought, wow, those are pretty colors for an outfit (and indeed, the inspiration came from a collection of gorgeous skirts!) but how will they work on a card? Surprisingly well, it turns out!!
I realized very quickly that the regal rose needed to be a minor accent rather than the main attraction and the muted tones of Close to Cocoa and Blush Blossom needed to take center stage. I also used Mary-Jo Price Williams' Monday Lunchtime sketch for the week (her sample this week is GREAT--I'm going to have to CASE it when I have some time). I originally stamped the flowers/stems in regal rose and chocolate chip, but it looked too bright and monochromatic for the card, so I went back and restamped the image using markers and shading. I did the stems in Close to Cocoa and the flowers in Blush Blossom and then added Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose accents to the edges of the silhouettes, which I think makes for a better image.
Supplies:Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip cs, Candy Lane dsp (retired)
Flowers in Silhouette (retired), Vintage Vogue Labels (SAB), En Francais stamp sets
Blush Blossom, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip markers, Chocolate Chip ink
Open Scallop border punch, 1 3/4" circle punch
Circles #2 die (borrowed from a friend)
Chocolate Chip 5/8" satin ribbon
Just beautiful, the colors are perfect. And I love the circle, great job! Thanks so much for playing along.
ReplyDelete