(The clip above is a Byzantine version of another musical selection from the service--the two musical traditions are quite distinct, but both are beautiful. There are many different musical traditions in the Orthodox Church, but we all sing the same songs at the same times, just different musical settings.)
The quiet morning did me some good and I'm feeling a bit better now. I spent most of the afternoon and early evening yesterday reorganizing my cardstock after a fruitful Staples run for office supplies to do so. After the Great Cardstock Project was finished and cleaned up, I spent an hour or so organizing our Lenten recipe list into a 4 week Master Menu calendar (see yesterday's post for more details about this project). Today's task was to locate all the recipes for the list and organize by week and day and then to make a weekly grocery list based on the recipes scheduled. That took most of the morning, but it is done now! Luckily, a lot of my Lenten recipes were already typed up from an old Lenten cookbook I put together for our parish in Iowa City a long time ago. There were a few new ones that had to be typed, but all in all, not too bad.

Today's card was made way back in December when I needed a break from Christmas card making. It uses the Charming stamp set, which is still available through April 31. I love this set! The card is CASEd from someone on splitcoast, but I changed the colors a little--the original was Soft Suede and Kraft, which I thought was a little monochromatic, so I swapped in Rich Razzleberry instead, which I thought looked better.
Supplies:
Rich Razzleberry, Kraft cs
Charming, Pocket Silhouettes stamp sets
Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive inks
Kraft taffeta ribbon
Vintage (antique brass) brads
modern label punch
dimensionals
Juliana!!! I am new to your blog but I so love the music you shared with us today! In this day of contemporary music (which I love as well) nothing sets the tone for worship and reverence like this kind of music. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAnd the card! What can I say! It is beautiful!