Sunday, February 28, 2010

Color Inspiration is Everywhere, Part 1

It's official, I've come with down whatever lovely little virus my hubby had last weekend and my son continues to struggle with it as well. So I stayed home from church today and slept until almost 11:30--what a luxury! While I still feel pretty poorly, I woke up with a card running through my head and wanted to make it while the ideas were still fresh. I'm feeling a bit woozy again after all that creative output, so after I post this, it is back to bed for me!

The next few days will feature cards with color inspirations that I got from other blogs, items around my house or just random places. Today's card uses Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch, as well as Jen Arkfeld's current favorite color combo: Kraft, So Saffron, Taken with Teal and Old Olive. Give it a try--these colors are fun together!

A couple of notes about this card: as I've said previously, I don't have a big shot, so the scallop border around the edge of the circle was created with 1/2" circle punches. I used my white gel pen to make the little dotted edges for added interest. The circles were cut out using a Big Shot at my upline's house several months ago and set aside for future projects. I used the top of a jar to make a template to cut the whisper white one down 1/4" to give it a nice border.
Wondering where the dsp came from? It's Tall Tales! I always forget about this dsp--I bought it last summer for a finished project that a customer ordered and didn't use it all on the project, but haven't used it at all since. I have a hard time using dsp with bold designs on my cards and much of the pack is like that. I forget, however, that there are some lovely So Saffron only and Old Olive only patterned pages in that pack and the So Saffron one worked great on this card. Take a look through your dsp packs and see what little gems you come up with!


Supplies:
Kraft, Taken with Teal, So Saffron, Whisper white cs, Tall Tales dsp
Great Friend, Itty Bitty backgrounds stamp sets
Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, So Saffron, Taken with Teal inks
paper snips
hemp twine
dimensionals
button latte
sponge
So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (retired)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. I really like the leaves stamped around the circle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!