
Today's card features Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketch plus a color challenge that I saw last fall somewhere and never got around to using. It took a bit of fiddling to get the elements to come together (plus a bit of wasted cardstock from playing around with options) but in the end, I think it works rather well! I've done a bit of stamping lately with the lovely Inspired by Nature set (more cards to come soon!) and the layout of this card just seemed right for the set. To get the two-tone coloring on the petals, first color them with the lighter color (this case, More Mustard) and then go over it in streaks with the darker color (here, Really Rust) but not covering entirely the original color. Just add accents, or if you want a slightly different look, cover most of the petal with the darker color and just leave the tips light.
My mom is visiting this week, so my posts for the rest of the week will be short. (I know, I hear a collective sigh of relief go around the room!). Never fear, my overly verbal self will be back next week to regale you with weather reports, two-year old antics and kitchen hysterics. :)
Supplies:
Really Rust, More Mustard, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla cs, Perfect Plum dsp
Really Rust, More Mustard, Perfect Plum ink/markers
Inspired by Nature stamp set
5/8" satin Very Vanilla ribbon
This is beautiful! I love the color combo - it's perfect for the flowers and lends a soft look to the card. Super fab!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Those daisies are so lovely and the autumn colours look so serene!
ReplyDeleteMichelle