Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowpocalypse!

Well, my son woke up this morning after sleeping a record 14 1/2 hours (!) and seems to be feeling fine this morning. He drank a ton of water shortly after getting up, but otherwise seems normal. I'm grateful it seems to have been a short-lived bug. Plus I got some much-needed extra sleep--my hubby has been traveling this week and sleep is usually the first thing to go when single parenting!

The only bummer of the morning is that I wanted to go grocery shopping with my Phil and Ted's stroller because of the greater basket capacity, but as I pulled it out, I realized that the other tire had blown as well (one of the rear tires blew a few weeks ago after my husband over inflated it--sounded like a bomb went off when it blew!-- and we had to replace it). Oh well. Thank goodness for the internet, where one can replace parts on an Aussie stroller pretty easily. So out came the umbrella stroller, which was okay, but definitely left a bit to be desired in the basket department. But we have a major snowpocalypse on the way (12" expected tonight!) and we needed food for the onslaught!


Today's card was made using the Colour Q color challenge for this week, which was to use Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Old Olive, Baja Breeze and white. I liked the challenge of incorporating the Baja Breeze into the other colors, which already seemed to suit one another. I had a cordouroy Baja Breeze button left over from a swap from last year and decided that would be the accent. The card design is basically CASEd from the last issue of Stampin' Success, which is the magazine that Stampin' Up! sends to all its demonstrators every month. I just changed the colors and textures, plus a few little details.

Supplies:
Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White cs
Sanded, Razzle Dazzle stamp sets
Old Olive, So Saffron ink, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, So Saffron markers
paper snips
rhinestone brad, baja breeze cord button (retired), So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (retired, 2009 SAB)

metal edge ruler for distressing

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, I really love how you used this set... it's been a challenging one for me to want to ink up - lol! Congrats on your baby-on-the-way... goes by faster than the first pregnancy, doesn't it! My daughter will be 4 weeks old this weekend... seems crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!