Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Good to Dream Little Birdie

Today the city shut down again for snow, even though we got nowhere near the amount predicted and despite gusty winds, the roads are quite manageable. I guess people are paranoid by now about snow fall. Things were shut yesterday as well, but the snow, while falling all day, didn't start sticking until overnight! As a former Minnesotan, I must say I'm flummoxed by this city's inability to deal with snowfall. I realize that getting 80 inches of snow over the winter months in a city where the all-time record was formerly 48 inches would put a monkey wrench in anyone's plans, but still.

Enough weather talk. I was so unmotivated to stamp this morning after going out to the library, but after having a bit of a lie-down around noon, I started thinking about the various sketch/color challenges floating around this week and came up with this card:

I used the Just Us Girls Challenge (a new one to me!) and combined it with the Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge that used the ala-card sketch from the latest issue of Stampin' Success, the magazine that Stampin' Up! sends all of us demonstrators every month. I always mean to try the ala-card sketch in the magazine but never quite get around to it, so it was fun to have motivation to do that one. Plus it is a nice simple sketch. I also decided to incorporate the Paper Pals Arts challenge for this week, which was to use a bird. I initially wasn't going to play PPA because I couldn't think of any birds in my stamp collection, but the more I thought about it, I realized I actually have 3 sets that have birds! Then it was just a matter of picking a set to use. I love this hostess set--it has so many lovely images.

Supplies:
Chocolate Chip, Ivory Naturals, Cameo Coral, Rich Razzleberry cs
Of the Earth, Razzle Dazzle stamps
Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Rich Razzleberry ink
Blender pen
Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon
dimensionals
1 1/2" scallop square, 1 1/4" square, modern label punches
sponge

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors that you used with this card! Very pretty! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This worked perfectly for the challenge - thanks for playing @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliana,
    This is gorgeous! I would have never thought to combine Rich Razzleberry and Cameo Coral. I love it. The Chocolate Chip grosgrain is one of my favorite ribbons. Great job. Glad you're nap re-motivated you:) I know how had it os especially with a little one and one on the way. Thanks for taking the time to play with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors! The bird image in the scallop square is perfect. I also have this stamp set and you have inspired me to use it. Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!