

So we got buried in snow this weekend--28 inches in 24 hours!--which melted a little yesterday, but we have another storm coming on Tuesday night, so I think we'll just get pushed under again. Thank goodness for my hubby and his strong back--the city regulations state that all sidewalks have to be cleared within 5 hours of a snowfall and we have quite a bit of sidewalk in front of our row house! Luckily, we also have great neighbors on our block, so everyone pitches in and helps out. It was a regular snow-shoveling block party on Saturday morning!

Because of the snow and needing to cook (I made a huge pan of vegetable lasagna and a chocolate cake for Cheesefare week this week--last dairy before Lent!), I didn't do any stamping this weekend.
So this morning, it was time to get back to work. I'm pretty proud of myself; I actually did a Mojo Monday sketch on a Monday! I almost didn't do the sketch this week because I thought it looked pretty hard, but then I saw Mary Fish's take on it, and decided maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all. My card is definitely inspired by hers, but I made it my own with the PPA color challenge of Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink and Black, plus the Asian Artistry set.The tricky thing about the sketch, as you might imagine, was the central panel with the curved bottom. I fiddled and fiddled with it before I had something I liked. Actually, I spent most of the morning on this card! I couldn't believe how long it took me to figure out all the elements, especially since the stamping was so straight forward--no coloring or anything!
Supplies:
Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White cs, Night and Day dsp
Asian Artistry, Vintage Vogue labels
Melon Mambo, Basic Black ink
5/8" black satin ribbon
paper snips
vintage (black) brads, paper piercing tool, mat pack
big shot/circles #2 die--I cut a bunch of these at my upline's house a while back just to have them around!
love the colors you used!
ReplyDeletePretty card !!
ReplyDeleteLove the pink paired with a pop of black...beautiful card!
ReplyDeletegorgeous and really cute card! love the colours!
ReplyDeletehugs
Very striking card...kudos for combing the two challenges perfectly!
ReplyDeleteAwesome card... love the black ribbon!
ReplyDeleteThese colors definitely work with that stamp set - lovely card! Thanks for playing @PPA!
ReplyDelete