Monday, October 19, 2009

The Christmas card hop

I'll warn you right now that the next week or so of posts are about Christmas cards--my lovely box of Christmas supplies arrived last week and I've been CASEing like a mad woman! With all the brain cells in my head firmly planted in my uterus at the moment, I'm a little low on creativity, so I'm not ashamed to use other people's great ideas! I'll be showing you several cards per day so as not to fatigue you with Christmas too far in advance.

On a different note, I find myself a little disturbed to find that my clothes are getting tight already! I'm not ready to get out my maternity clothes yet (they are mostly too big) but I don't like feeling like everything is falling down all the time. Good grief, this doesn't bode well for the coming trimester--I was hoping not to gain as much weight this time. Oh well. I guess there's only so much you can do about it.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program.

This one is based on a card by Jan Tink:

Supplies:
Handsome Hunter, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip cs, Merry Moments dsp
Patterned Pines, Warm Words stamp set
Handsome Hunter, Always Artichoke, Real Red markers, Soft Suede ink (for sponging and sentiment)
Gold brad
Designer label, modern label punch
3/8" twine ribbon (used markers to make design)
Sponge

This one is based on a splitcoast card by ***tara***:

Supplies:
Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Patterned Pines, Four the Holidays
Soft Suede ink
Soft Suede polka dot ribbon

This is a card from another splitcoast stamper:

Supplies:
Red Riding Hood, Baja Breeze, Whisper White cs, retired dsp
Patterned Pines, Four the Holidays stamp set
Red Riding Hood ink
Red Riding Hood taffeta
Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!