Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas card hop day 2

Good morning! Thus begins day 2 of my Christmas card hop, featuring CASEs of three cards from Jan Tink, nitestamper and unforgettablestamping on splitcoast.

This card is CASEd from splitcoast (unforgettable stamping):



Supplies:
Chocolate Chip, Whisper White cs, Merry moments dsp
Chocolate chip, Real Red Ink, real red marker
Four the Holidays, Patterned Pines (snowflake stamp) Delightful Decorations stamp set
Ornament punch
5/8" Polka dot red ribbon (non-SU)

This card is based on a card and technique developed by Jan Tink. It is called gel pen resist, and although I didn't exactly follow her technique to the letter, but I still like the look of it--kind of reminds me of black magic in a way.

Supplies:
Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla cs, Bella Bleu dsp
Winter Post, Four the Holidays stamp sets
White Craft ink (for sponging and sentiment), Not Quite Navy
White Gel pen
1/2" circle punch (to create faux flower under pearl)
half-back pearl
kraft taffeta ribbon
Ticket corner punch

This last card is based on a card from Chat, aka nitestamper. The only change I made was to use a stamp on the edges instead of dry embossing (since I continue to lack a Big Shot...). Still, I think the effect is similiar.

Supplies:
Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White cs, Christmas Cocoa dsp
Baroque Motifs, Four the Holidays, Patterned Pines stamp sets
Whisper White craft ink, Soft Suede classic ink, real red marker
Silver eyelet and Crop-A-Dile
Ornament punch
Soft Suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Scallop edge punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!