A while back, I was browsing the Nursery Necessities gallery on splitcoast and found the card below by Sherri L. Barron (please send me the link if you are reading this, Sherri!); please don't ask me to find it again in the massive gallery that is that stamp set. I thought it was a cute card, saved it for a future CASE and finally got around to it in the last little while. Her card features dry-embossing using the Big Shot plus the perfect details embossing folder (love it!).

Lacking Big Shot and embossing folder, I decided to have a go at dry embossing using my trusty scoring blade and Crop-A-Dile. It worked, but I wish the Crop-A-Dile had a longer reach--I could only do dimples in two rows before I couldn't reach in any further. Oh well; the sailboat covers that up. I also sponged the dry embossed panel to make the embossing stand out more and ended up attaching it as a panel to the base, rather than using it as the base.
I think Sherri's used wood sheets on the belly of the boat; I just stamped an extra one and cut it out, popped it up on dimensionals and Bob's your uncle! Easy-peasy and stinkin' cute.

Supplies:
Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Apricot appeal, Whisper White cs, Bashful blue dsp
Bashful blue, certainly celery, apricot appeal markers, bashful blue, chocolate chip ink
Nursery necessities stamp set
antique brass brads
modern label punch
paper piercing tool, piercing template
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!