Saturday, June 20, 2009

WSC #85 + Color Challenge #55

I decided to combine two challenges with this card--Kristina Werner's color challenge and the Weekend Sketch Challenge. Kristina's Color Challenge #55 was to use basic gray, really rust, more mustard and very vanilla. The Weekend Sketch Challenge #85 was this sketch, which I must say was a challenge by itself; add in those colors, which were gorgeous together, it was especially challenging! I ended up making a much more "fussy" card that I usually do. It involved a lot of embossing, tons of cutting out little flowers and chalking. I think the result is nice!

Paper: Basic Gray, Really Rust, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Flower Fancy, Curvy Verses
Technique: Heat Embossing (clear); poppin' pastels, chalk rubbing, sewing
Accessories: heat gun, emboss buddy, clear emboss powder, scissors, dimensionals (the whole card front is popped up)

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh...this is so pretty...love how you made the negative circle!!! (at least thats what it appears to be in the picture)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutly gorgeous! Very nice job with the challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. The embossing is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, it must have taken ages to cut out all the flowers. Love the way they pop off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many details on the card that make it very nice! Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the embossing- it's great for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the outline flowers embossed!! And way to go combining challenges for a pretty result! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun embossing on the flowers. Great job with the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for participating in the sketch -- great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!