Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FTL 45b

I know this one posted a few weeks ago (still getting caught up from our Russia trip in May...), but I decided to give it a go. My intial card looked pretty blah--it just seemed to need something, but I knew the point was to keep it simple. I struggle with the clean and simple layouts sometimes. But I photographed it and let it sit over night. Then I decided to have another go and took it apart, adding the gray-brown layer and changing the scalloped piece to a different color with a different background. The finished card is 5.5 square. I'm also finding more uses for the Define Your Life set--another set I struggle to use. I thought it was finished, then decided the (green) ribbon was all wrong and swapped in some purple instead. I *think* it is finally finished. :)


The original version, before layers and ribbon changes:


The final version:

Paper: Sage Shadow, Lovely Lilac, Gray-brown non-SU cardstock, Whisper White scrap, non-SU pattern paper
Ink: Brilliant blue (stamped off 2 times), versamark
Stamps: Define Your Life
Ribbon: Lovely Lilac 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!