Monday, June 22, 2009

Card for Lexie

My wonderful babysitter, asked me to make a birthday card for her 7 year-old niece, Lexie. She said that Lexie likes purple and butterflies, and left it at that. Since the only butterflies I have are in the Great Friend set, I decided to use that. And since it basically hasn't left my desk since I received it, it was near to hand!!

I also decided to bling it up a little with some Swarovski crystals I had from another project. I think it makes the card sparkle nicely! I do wish I'd had the eyelet border punch, but this one works okay. I CASEd the card from this splitcoast stamper, but changed the colors a bit. Plus I was down to scraps of Whisper white, so I had to make do.

As I was rummaging through my accessories for the crystals, I came across a gold butterfly charm from a card-making kit I bought last year before I discovered Stampin' Up! and their great stuff, so I decided to make it into a "surprise" necklace on the inside of the card.


Paper: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White scraps, perfect plum DSP
Inks: Versamark, Basic Gray
Stamps: Great Friend
Accessories: Perfect Plum 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, regular hole punch, scallop border punch, swarovski crystals, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!