Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kerin Sylvester's challenge

Tried Kerin's Thursday challenge yesterday (it had been staring me in the face since Thursday--time to get on it!). I started with Washington Apple DSP (retiring this month, sniff,) and went from there. I had decided not to put a sentiment on the front but then it looked kind of bare, so I ended up adding the For You at the last minute. I'm totally hooked on that new Great Friend stamp set--it is so useful! I have to say, I'm not really a butterflies kind of gal, but this one is growing on me. I also wanted to give the medallion a try (featured recently on splitcoast) and was able to incorporate it here, although I think mine turned out slightly differently from the tutorial version.

Paper: Red Riding Hood, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Washington Apple DSP
Ink: Pumpkin Pie Marker, Versamark
Stamps: Great Friend
Technique: Medallion using scallop border punch, sewing on button

2 comments:

  1. I am a butterfly girl and I think it's perfect on your card! I'm going to miss that Washington Apple dsp too. Thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used and I like the detail to your square with the scallop punch. It really adds a little something extra. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!