
Ever have one of those days where from the moment you are dragged out of bed in the morning you know that the day is going to go badly? Yesterday was that day. My son's night time diaper burst, leaving gel crystals everywhere and while my husband was sweet and tried to take care of it without waking me, he made more of a mess trying to clean it up, so out of bed I came to help deal with the crisis. Waking up soaked put my son in a testy mood and he was screeching like a pterodactyl all day long. Oy. So by the time we wrangled him back into bed for the night, I was ready for some serious stamp therapy! Luckily, stamping usually has a zen kind of effect on me, so by the time I went to bed myself, I had stamped all my stress away. I love this job! :)
I've never tried one of Mercy's sketches, although another stamper whose blog I read does them faithfully every week, so this week I decided to give it a go. I got the idea to use the Sweet Pea felt flowers with the Thoughts and Prayers vine stamp from a Late Night Stamper, but the rest of the design is my own. I used some old Rose Red dsp I had in my 6x6 file and the rest came together very quickly. I will say those felt flowers are nice because your color scheme is already chosen for you--simple! I like the details on the pink flowers and how everything coordinates so nicely together. Did you know that a package is only $7.95? You get a ton of flower embellishments in the package, so it is really a good deal. You can find it in the current occassions mini catalog on pg. 32.

Supplies:
Rose red, pretty in pink, old olive, whisper white cs, rose red dsp
old olive ink, rose red marker
Thoughts and prayers, sincere salutations stamp set
sweet pea felt flowers (occ. mini)
mini glue dots
sponge
open scallop edge punch (SAB)
juliana...this is so pretty! love those felt blooms!
ReplyDeletethanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a great job! :)
{{{hugs}}}
mercy