I did three candles and made the middle one double sided, which is why there are two pictures of it. I personally like the little red bird best, but my sister liked the flower and dragonfly best.
Here's a mobile photo she sent of the arrangement on her dining room table.

Stamped candles are easy-peasy to make, but you have to watch out for burned fingers! (I burned mine a few times on these!). Stamp your image on the shiny side of tissue paper that matches your candle (in this case, white). Color your image with markers if desired--this is tricky because the paper is so fragile. Make sure you aren't coloring on a surface you care about. I had a craft mat under my paper when I was coloring because the red bleed was pretty bad. Cleaned up easily, however.
Cut out your images close to the edges but it doesn't need to be precise. Put your images where you want them (you may want a dab of two way glue pen on the candle or just wet your finger and wipe the candle to make them stick). Cover with wax paper and apply your heat tool until the wax starts to melt. Don't overheat or the images get yellow spots and scorch. It should look sort of shiny when hot enough but not too hot.
Gently peel off wax paper and smooth any edges that might have come up. Let cool and repeat with other images. You need to do one image at a time and change wax paper each time you do a new one because the paper gets waxy. There are lots of great step-by-step video tutorials on stamped candles, so if my quick and dirty tutorial doesn't do it for you, just google it and you'll probably find a more detailed one!
OMGoodness these are stunning! Your presentations isn't to shabby either TFS
ReplyDelete