
The next few days feature cards I made with the borrowed Charmed set in December. The stamp set was in the Holiday Mini, but is also available through April 30, 2010 as a write-in. If you love this set, contact me at juliana.bibas@gmail.com for ordering details!
Today's card is CASEd from "Aunt" Karen Barber, who is my upline's upline's upline (confused yet?) Tara is my direct upline (my stamping "mother"); Claire is Tara's upline (my stamping "grandmother") and Aunt Karen is Claire's aunt and upline (which makes Aunt Karen my stamping "great grandmother"). Anyway, Aunt Karen is known both for her watercoloring and for perfecting a technique called "Black Magic."

In this technique, you stamp with white or vanilla craft ink on dark cardstock (black, brown, dark blue, dark green, etc) and use colored pencils to color it in. Aunt Karen's twist on this technique is to add white gel pen highlights to the finished product, which really makes the card pop. I had some fun with her technique in December, mainly using the Charmed stamp set because the little flower is just perfect for Black Magic. Aunt Karen is also fond of making her own dsp using small stamps, so I followed her lead on this card and used the medallion in the same set to make the pattern on the Not Quite Navy layer.
The second photo I took using flash so that the detail on the background flowers would come out a bit better. I think I need a stronger light on my light box!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!