
I got the idea for this card from somewhere else, but the layout and basic design are my own. The other stamper, whose name I can't remember just now, used the largest snowflake from Serene Snowflakes to make a cross by markering up only part of the image. I thought that was a great idea and that it would make a great baptism or christening card (her suggestion as well!). I decided to use a blue color palette, since it seems that this set screams blue to me, and stamped the snowflake in Night of Navy and then sponged around the edges first with brocade blue and then again with Night of Navy to give it depth. Added a large rhinestone brad to the middle (not my original idea) for pop and then thought about how to put the card together. I had some navy blue satin ribbon left over from Christmas presents received (I just can't throw away nice ribbon) and the layering came together fairly quickly. My original orientation was the opposite way (up and down) but I decided that I liked the ribbon and cross side by side. Good thing I didn't try to stamp a sentiment under the ribbon or I would have been in trouble! So I guess you could orient this card however you like.
Supplies:
Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Whisper White cs
Serene Snowflakes stamp set (retired)
Night of Navy, Brocade blue ink
Navy satin ribbon (non-SU!)
Clear rhinestone brad, sponges
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!