Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas packaging

I know Christmas is over for almost everyone, but Thursday, January 7, is the day that the Eastern Orthodox Church celebrates the Nativity of the Lord.

Most Orthodox Churches world-wide follow the Julian calendar, which is 13 days behind the modern Gregorian calendar currently in civil use and in many Orthodox Churches in America.

Our family attends a church that still follows the Julian calendar, so we will celebrate this week with 12 days of feasting after! I promise this is the last of my "holiday" posts--I know I am ready for something else by now!!

I wanted to show some of the packaging ideas that I used this year for various gifts. I got some good ideas from other stampers for gift card packaging and treat packaging and made some modifications, so I can't take credit for originality--just tinkering!


The top two are gift card holders and are made from Stampin' Up!'s medium envelopes, folded in half with the envelope flap cut off on the one side and scalloped on the other. These are quite easy to make and are perfect for even those gift cards that don't fit in a "standard" gift card holder. Plus they are good for using up those pesky dsp scraps! These holders also gave me an opportunity to use the images from the Yuletide set (retiring today!)--they are small and detailed and the perfect accent on something like this.

The bottom two are coffee packet holders. The tin I clear embossed with the Branch Out stamp set and then put dsp scraps on the inside and stuck the Starbucks Via 3 packs on either side with mini glue dots. This was part of my MIL's Christmas gift this year. The last one I made for my husband's grandmother and it contains the larger packet of Starbucks Via. I modified a template from (I think!) Julie Davidson. Hers contained a Mrs. Fields cookie and was smaller than the Via package, so I had to get a little creative in tinkering with her idea. I also used the same idea to make a quick gift package for the lady who helps me keep my house clean. Again, great idea for using up scraps!

2 comments:

  1. Wow what clever ideas...Your stamping is awesome. I love all the creative ideas. Too bad I didn't find you before Xmas...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!