Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunny Sunday

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there, and my husband in particular. He and my toddler went to church this morning and got back early afternoon, so I had a bit of time to myself. (I'm not churched yet, so I stayed home with the baby and stamped in between nursing and trying to soothe his screaming). I'm happy to say I got a lot done this morning! My baby thank you card stash was starting to run low, so I made another set of 8, that I'll share with you tomorrow. Actually yesterday wasn't bad either on the craft front--I got caught up on Boo's baby scrapbook, so that feels good.

We just went out to dinner for Father's Day--my hubby had wanted to try a new sushi place in the neighborhood, but when we walked over there, we discovered they aren't open on Sundays, so we ended up at a local coffee house that serves a pretty full menu and uses local ingredients when possible. Since my husband's birthday is in less than two weeks, we'll go there for his birthday instead.

This morning, I CASEd a swap that a sideline of mine received last fall that I just loved. It was the card that convinced me to get the Two-Step Bird punch. When I first saw the punch, I said, "meh" and flipped the page. I'm not that into birds, quite frankly. I was drawn to the little branch that is included in the punch, and I started to see some cool tulip cards made out of the bird wings, but still, I said, pass for now. Then I saw this card in March at a stamp camp, and that pushed me over the edge! I've been having a ball with this punch--you'll be seeing a lot of birds in the next little while.

The original card was designed by Debby Kainu, of Middleton, New York. All I did was change the sentiments and used naturals vanilla cardstock as the base instead of Very Vanilla. I just love the little birds peeking at one another on either side of the circle window. I'll probably make this one again with different colors.


Supplies:
Naturals Ivory, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Real Red cs
Wings of Friendship, Of the Earth stamps
Real Red, Pretty in Pink ink (used for sponging)
2-Step Bird Punch
Dimensionals
sponge wedge
tombow glue
scallop edge punch
1 3/4" circle punch

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!