Sunday, June 27, 2010

Remember Me

I finally got around to watching that movie yesterday afternoon during a marathon nursing session. I'm still thinking about it today, so it's definitely a good movie in my book. While I still think Robert Pattinson is at his best as Edward Cullen, this movie definitely shows his strengths as an actor. I really go for broody, complicated characters and Rob Pattinson is great at pulling them off. It is the kind of movie you want to talk about with someone--if you've seen it, let's talk! I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it. :) I read that some critics thought the back story wasn't developed enough, but the more I've thought about the development of the story line and the characters, the more I think that the movie is perfectly pitched because it makes you work for it a little. Not everything is given to you on a platter--there are connections you have to make yourself in order to engage in the movie. As I said, still pondering it today.

In other news, I finally heard a Lady Gaga song for the first time--something about Alejandro, Roberto and Fernando. Obviously, I've heard of her, but I don't listen to pop radio enough to keep up with all that. Anyway, when I was on the treadmill at the gym yesterday, I put on VH1 for a good beat, and there she was in all her machine-gun bra glory. I have to say, at first I thought it was an old Madonna video/song! They sound very much alike, and Lady Gaga is definitely pushing boundaries in the same way that Madonna did when she first started out.


But enough about that. My card for today is a simple card that is entirely stamped--no embellishments or ribbon! Fancy that. I got the idea from Joanne over at Sleepy in Seattle, and modified it a little to use only Stampin' Up! supplies. I'm starting to want to focus more on cards that are simple like this and feature a lot of stamping on the main panel. (On the other hand, I do have all this dsp I need to make a dent in, which sort of precludes the former. Balance in everything...)


Supplies:
Regal Rose, Whisper white cs
Asian Artistry, Embrace Life, Elements of Style stamps
Chocolate chip ink/marker, old olive, regal rose, melon mambo, tempting turquoise markers

1 comment:

  1. Let's talk, I have been waiting for someone to see that movie...I loved it, and still get tears in my eyes as I think about it.
    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!