Monday, June 7, 2010

China roses

After several absolutely miserable days of heat and humidity, the weather finally broke last night and has been lovely and cool since! Yay! (It also means that my munchy monkey isn't nursing *quite* as often since it isn't so dang hot! Another yay!)

Yesterday, I managed to make not one, not two, but THREE cards! Will wonders never cease? They are all CASEd from somewhere else (with modifications) but at least I made them! I've sort of given up the idea of making totally original cards for a while.

Today's card layout comes from one of the blogs I read, but I don't remember whose card it was--if it is yours, let me know so I can give credit! The original was done in shades of pink, but I wanted to do Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge for this week, and I like the idea of China roses, so I went with it.

I've never done a tone-on-tone card with neutrals before; I think I like it! Did I mention that I love this stamp set? It is in the current summer mini catalog and it is fab-O! I used the flourish to make my own dsp on the side, and the floral spray on the edge. I used my aquapainter with markers to watercolor the image. Actually, I colored all the roses with a bashful blue marker, and then dotted the shadows with Night of Navy and used the aquapainter to blend it all in using the egg tempera technique I described on this card.

Supplies:
Very Vanilla cs
Elements of Style stamp set
Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Night of Navy marker
Navy satin ribbon
Open scallop border punch
Aquapainter

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - those flowers are fabulous! Darling little baby you have too :D Thanks for playing the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all....that little guy is just precious! i remember those nursing days...(my husband used to call me the "gravy train"...of course, we got a good laugh about it, but it is somewhat true, eh?

    second of all....I LOVE your card, Juliana! it is soooo gorgeous:) thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. with a young baby in the house I am amazed you achieved any crafting let alone something as magnificent as this, it is a true credit to you! Thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning. I plan on casing it myself! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!