Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Twilight revisited

Okay, another non-stamping related post. I promise to post photos of cards from last week, but I'm battling an ear and respiratory infection at the moment and am too tired to edit them for public consumption. At least my son seems to be getting better--his fever finally broke around 10:30 last night after a week of running around 102. He too has a nasty ear infection and respiratory deal, but is clearly on the end of it (thanks to some Augmentin...what would we do without that??) and seems much more perky today. At least my lovely babysitter was here this morning to keep his newly peppy self entertained while I sat like a lump on a log.

In any case, stay tuned for those photos.

But. My sister converted me to the dark side after my guilty admission about watching the movie Twilight last fall and loaned me her copy of the first book in the series. Oh what a guilty pleasure THAT is! I will say I find myself smiling a time or two at the absurdity of it (on occasion), but I will say it's a cracking good read! Gosh darn it--now I have to read them all. I'm never going to finish Cancer Ward, I fear. Solzhenitsyn's been sitting on my nightstand since we returned from Russia (I started the book on the trip), sadly neglected, covered by issues of the Economist and The Week, my knitting and now Twilight. *sigh* One of these days.

With that, I'm off to lie down with my book and maybe some hot chocolate for my sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!