Thursday, August 13, 2009

Busy Books

I'm not sure how to introduce this post, as it serves as an introduction to the other work that I do, which is that I make bereavement packages (gratis) for parents who have lost a baby. I share it because I'd like to share photos of some of the things I've made, not because I want acclaim. I've debated for a while whether to even share it, but decided that maybe my blog might reach someone who needs these things as well. I'm affiliated with Heavenly Angels in Need (hain.org), but most of my work recently has been through the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation parents' forum (nowilaymedowntosleep.org).

It all started when a woman named Mia posted an etsy request for her unborn (terminal) baby, Nevaeh Grace. She didn't have much in the way of means, and I was moved by her story and request for things for the baby. I decided to make her a package of things for her baby, in part because I couldn't stop thinking about her, and in part because of my own need to pay forward all the kindnesses we received when we lost our Philip. I think making these things for other grieving parents helps my own grieving process, which I find is still ongoing, even 2 1/2 years on.

Anyway, I'll post some pictures of Mia's package later, but I wanted to share pictures of the busy books I made for her two young daughters. I included a small coloring book with stickers and crayons along with the book for each girl. Each book had a "this book belongs to:" sticker in the front to identify them (each book is slightly different in page layout, but overall is the same).

I had part of a Simply Scrappin' kit left over from another project (more about that in a few days) and used the left over dsp and die cut stickers for these books. The books are blank board books from Oriental Trading Company. I bought them for a personal project that I haven't gotten around to yet, and since they come 6 to the package, I had more than enough for my needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!