Random nostalgia for children's television programing aside, it is a beautiful day today and I've been a productive bunny! My son and I went out this morning with our Phil and Ted's stroller to get local milk and eggs from the neighborhood coffee shop that carries them. We came home without any fuss, at which time I decided it was time to deep clean the house from top to bottom. (Nesting, nesting, I know!) After I'd finished (and given myself the reward of a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting from said coffee shop), I remembered I was 9 months pregnant. Oops. I'm feeling a bit loose in the joints now and am moving slowly this afternoon, but I tell you, having a clean house is WORTH it when those nesting urges kick in. Sometimes crazy-clean Dutch genes trump third trimester somnolence. I might even bake cookies this afternoon, how about that?
I made today's card last weekend when I was just playing around with the Elements of Style set. I aspire to be a good watercolorer, but am still working on my technique, so I decided to have a go with the big toile image from that set (available May 1st in the summer mini!). I stamped the flowers in Staz-on on watercolor paper and then got out Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke and Baja Breeze inks and my aquapainter and set to work. I'm quite pleased with how it all came out; it gives me motivation to keep at the watercolors. I used a little Apricot appeal in the center of the flowers just for contrast.
Supplies:
Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke cs, Watercolor paper
Elements of Style stamp set
Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal ink
Aquapainter
Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon
dimensionals
This is quite pretty, Juliana! I have to admit, I LOVE to watercolor, but have resisted getting this stamp! Maybe,maybe.....!
ReplyDeleteI have to tell you that I am awaiting the arrival of your baby with bated breath! I hope when my DD's baby is due, she gets that nesting instinct too!! Although she did tell me that yesterday she cleaned the whole house, and she is not due until August. Maybe there's hope yet! Love to see what you create--with little ones about, it is amazing that you can do it!