I got the inspiration for today's card from a splitcoast stamper (SmartStamper), but changed the colors because I didn't have enough Bashful Blue on hand when I made them. I used Brocade Blue and Kraft instead of Bashful Blue and Whisper White, so you can just mentally make the changes. I like the slightly more muted colors of this version, plus I think it tones down the glorious green layers in a nice way.We had our monthly Philly Inker's meeting on Monday evening in New Jersey (my last one until the baby comes, sniff, sniff) and so I made use of a Big Shot that night to cut out the lattice dies and dry emboss the main Brocade blue panel with the delicate dots folder. Maybe someday I will be able to get a Big Shot! I love all the extra things you can add to a card with those babies. But luckily, I am in a great group of stampers and there is always someone who is willing to let me use a Big Shot for those occasions when I *really* need one. :)
I technically have all the baby thank you cards made that I had originally intended, but I just saw another one that I love that I think I might have to CASE. Besides, it is always a good idea to have a few extra on hand, right? Depending on how my day goes today (and it's not looking stellar so far...it's a two-year-old battle of wills kind of day), I may have that card to share tomorrow.
Supplies:
Kraft, Brocade Blue, Glorious Green, Whisper White cs
Love Bugs, Short and Sweet stamp sets
Brocade Blue, Glorious green inks/markers
Lattice die and Delicate Dots dry emboss folder
Kraft grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Small and large oval punches, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" square punches
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!