Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's 4:00 a.m. and I'm feeling alone now...

My day started with a bang at 4:00 a.m. this morning when my son woke up screaming because his diaper had leaked copiously (due to fatherly user error at bedtime...) and everything (including him) was soaked. Of course, my husband sleeps through these things, so it was my 9 months pregnant self who got up to deal with the mess. And then I couldn't get back to sleep. Neither did my son, by the way. I went back to bed and laid there for a while, but just decided to get up and do some stuff since I was awake anyway. I had some cards to finish, so I went into my stamping room and got to work. I didn't dare do any of the punch work because of the noise, but card assembly and stamping is quiet enough. I went back to bed around 5:30, but I really didn't sleep again. Got up for the last time around 7:30 and worked on my cleaning chores for the day, plus getting laundry going for the sheets and soiled items. I figured as long as I was doing a small load with my son's stuff, might as well wash our sheets as well since I didn't get to it last week on laundry day. Needless to say, my son and I are both tired today!

But the good news is that a big box arrived yesterday from Stampin' Up! with all kinds of lovely goodies, so I quickly assembled all the new stamp sets late yesterday afternoon and did the stamping on the two Fox and Friends cards I had designed and assembled on Sunday evening.
I really like this set--I used the Decor Elements to decorate my son's new room, if you remember. That little lion is just so cute! I think I'm going to get a lot of good use out of this set--there are 7 different animal images and the scale of them is really nice.


Believe it or not, the base of this next card is Glorious Green! I can't say I use this color all that often, but I'm finding it useful lately for baby cards, of all things. I took the layout for the green card below from a card that Julie Davison made in February, but that was about it. I like the simplicity of these cards.

Supplies:
Lion card~
Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pumpkin pie dsp
Fox and Friends, Thanks Kindly stamp sets
Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip inks/markers
Scallop edge punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches

Owl card~
Glorious Green, Chocolate chip, Whisper White cs, Rose Red dsp
Fox and Friends, Thanks Kindly stamp sets
Chocolate Chip and So Saffron inks
sponge wedge
kiss die cut (Occ. mini)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!