Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming: The Waiting Game

I woke up this morning feeling MUCH better, so I think the stomach bug is behind me, thank the Lord. Spent the morning puttering around the house, doing laundry, making a Whole Foods run (boy was my stroller loaded down--I definitely exceeded the recommended weight limit for the basket underneath) and running after my son. He was so helpful on the way home! I ran out of room under the stroller and I had one big bag I was trying to carry on my shoulder (uphill, with a 25 pounds of stroller, plus 30 pounds of toddler and who knows how many pounds of groceries underneath) and I just couldn't do it, so I put the bag on the foot rest in front of him and asked him to hold tightly onto the handles on the way home. And he did!! He's such a helpful boy that way--he even helped me bring some of the groceries into the kitchen once we got home. Sometimes he is *too* helpful--he will want to carry things that are far too heavy, like gallons of milk and can't quite make it. But it is good training for the future, I say. The other nice thing today is that the rain finally broke and the sun is shining, so the whole day feels good. My son's godfather is coming over this afternoon for a chat and early dinner (he lives about a hour away now so we don't see him as much as we used to) and I think that will be fun for everyone.


I do have a card to share today--when I was putting together yesterday's card, I also stamped one of the trees from Lovely as a Tree, intending to go back to it later and watercolor it, which is what I did last night while my husband was busy with another Supreme Court brief. I'm quite pleased with how the watercoloring came out on this one, and thought it would make for a good masculine card (I'm starting to think about Father's Day, just a little!). I reused Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketch from last week for the layout and I'm quite happy with the results.

Supplies:
Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, More Mustard, whisper white cs, retired dsp
Lovely as a Tree, Sanded stamp sets
Jet Black Staz-On, Baja Breeze, Garden Green, Old Olive, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip inks
Aqua painter
Chocolate Chip satin ribbon
non-SU! ribbon slide
Chocolate chip epoxy brad
dimensionals

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!