Monday, April 19, 2010

Mother's Day Mojo Monday

The annual murder mystery dinner went off without a hitch last night--my husband made a good cowboy and everyone seemed to have a good time. I made a very uncowboy-like dinner of lasagna, salad and garlic bread with the chocolate layer cake I showed you a few days ago, but it is an easy meal that can feed a bunch of people, which was my goal since I also had to run around after my toddler while trying to get everything on the table. I bought these little appetizers from Trader Joe's (love that place) that were fantastic--puff pastry with feta cheese and carmelized onions. Mmm. Those are the kinds of things I'm happy to buy frozen and heat up to serve rather than making them myself.


Today's card uses the Mojo Monday sketch for this week as well as Stacey's Curtain Call color challenge. I must confess
I'm not a fan of Crushed Curry--I find it hard to work with and usually end up using So Saffron or Summer Sun instead, but a color challenge is a color challenge, and I thought perhaps the monochromatic greys might just work. And they did! I'm actually pretty pleased with this card. I have Mother's Day cards made for my mom and my mother-in-law, but not for the surviving grandmas on each side, so this card is going to one of them. I still have to make one more Mother's Day card and then I'm good to go. I had a little trouble photographing the card--the yellow of the curry just doesn't want to come out properly, but I will say it is a prettier card in person, or at least I think so!


I just got this set--Embrace Life--and had fun inking it up for this challenge. I love that little cherry blossom stamp in there. The lines of this set are nice and clean and depending on how you use it, the set can be used for riotous color explosion with markers or watercolors or for clean and simple line stamping. Plus it has a good variety of stamps. I love sets that are versatile like that.


Supplies:
Basic Gray, Going Gray, Whisper White, Crushed Curry cs, Crushed Curry dsp
Embrace Life, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamps
Crushed curry marker, basic gray ink
Crushed curry grosgrain ribbon
trio flower punch
gold brads, paper piercer
"hugs" die cut, circles #2 die cut

7 comments:

  1. Love all your yellow accents and the stamps that you chose to work for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Juliana! beautiful mix of patterns and image:) thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used that image multiple times in the circle. Great use of the Curtain Call colours - thanks for playing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of colours, love the layout! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, Julianna! You used one of my favorite stamp sets! Love the great mix of patterns, too! So very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Good luck with the birth! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!