Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Thank You Notes

Amongst the things that I'm trying to finish before the new baby arrives in less than a month (t-30 days tomorrow!) is putting together some thank you notes for the new baby. Not that I'm expecting gifts (we don't really need anything), but people always seem to send something when a new baby is born and it is nice to have some thank yous on hand for such occasions. I'm trying to get a supply of about 25 on hand, so I'm doing them in batches of 5, which seems manageable to me. Plus I wanted each batch of 5 to be a little different so the notes aren't so hard on my cardstock supplies. The rest of the cards will feature Fox and Friends, which is coming in my order on Monday (yippie!).

So here are the first two styles. I hope you'll forgive the lower quality of the photos--I was feeling lazy and didn't want to set up the photo tent. It is getting harder for me to do a lot a bending and photographing with the tent requires a bit. :)


The first one I just made up out of my head and the second one is CASEd almost directly from Julie Davison. Her original was a congrats card, and was 6x3, but I like standard sizes, so I resized it and changed the sentiment.


Supplies:
Rattle Card:
Barely Banana, Sage Shadow, Whisper White cs, Washington Apple dsp (retired)
Versamark, Jet Black Staz-On ink, Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Ruby Red markers
Sanded, Thank You Kindly, Sock Monkey Accessories stamp sets
1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches
Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon

Sailboat and Star Card:
So Saffron, Real Red, Whisper White cs, Delicate dots dsp (retired SAB 2009 paper)
Real Red, So Saffron, Bashful Blue markers/ink pads
Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Nursery Necessities, Thank You Kindly stamp sets
Whisper White grosgrain ribbon
dimensionals
paper snips
1 3/4" circle punch

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Good to have these all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that we are due only a week apart!! I really should take your cue and start working on some thank you notes now. I was surprised with my last baby how many gifts we got (it was our third) and I really wasn't expecting any, so I wasn't prepared with thank you notes. Thanks again for taking one of those DSP shares. I'll mail it on Tuesday and will be keeping tabs (via your blog) on the new baby. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!