I know the programming over here has been a bit, shall we say, light this last while. My apologies to those who expect a bit more substance from me, but with all the sickness, snow, and crazy-up-all-night-nursing babies lately, these sorts of posts are the best I can do right now. In any case, this blog is always going to be a bit of both. :)
Today I present an outfit based on this outfit from Tasha. The blouse is a recent acquisition from etsy, and I thought it paired well with my green skirt and didn't look Christmas-y. I think a different cardigan would look better, but I don't have a lot of cardigan options right now (must knit all the things!) so this lightweight Old Navy version is what I went with. Incidentally, I find Old Navy to be cut rather blousy and big, so my super stealth trick is to size down and buy petite.
The blouse is short sleeve and a nice summer weight, so I think this will be a great outfit for warmer days too!
A recent brooch purchase from loveevol--I've got several from her and they are all fun! I have the shamrock one, and a similar brooch to this one but with a telephone at the end of the bow instead of a wishing well. I love them all.
The necklace I found at an antique mall l when I was visiting my parents in October. Pairs perfectly with these red earrings my mom had forever and gave me as part of a jewelry destash. The green skirt I just wear to death--it is seriously one of the best things I made this fall. I have fabric to make a six-gore version in navy and red (because I've decided what my wardrobe really needs is a good red skirt, and my current beloved Haberdashery navy skirt is starting to show its age)
'Fit details:
Red plaid blouse: Paisley Face Vintage
Four gore green skirt: me made, Simplicity 2314
Red Cardigan: Old Navy
Sunglasses: Retronetty
Tights: Foot Traffic in Heather Mocha
Boots: Modcloth




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!