Sunday, June 7, 2015

~wiws~ 1934 McCall's # 8272



What I wore today to church: the 1934 McCall's 8272 seersucker dress.  I have to say, this dress is really growing on me.  I do think it looks a bit less waitress-like with the contrast belt, and I got a ton of compliments on it this morning at church, so there's that.  


I do wish I could find a few more buttons like these to extend the button line all the way down, but it works pretty well as is too.  (I should add that I took these photos after two hours in the car, 2 + hours of liturgy and child wrangling after church, a 30 minute nap, and 20 minutes of putting the cover back on the pool.  So I'm a bit rumpled, but some of that is just the nature of seersucker.

The kids pretty much got into the pool the minute we got home:




Linking with the FLAP girls for What I Wore Sunday.

Outfit details:
Earrings: Kohl's (old)
Shoes: Softspots via ebay last year (although the soles are starting to give way)

2 comments:

  1. That dress is super cute!
    Ruth Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally wear that dress... love the vintage appeal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!