Sunday, July 28, 2013

What I Wore Sunday (or Saturday...)

What I Wore Sunday linkup

I've never done the What I Wore Sunday link-up, but it is the last day of Seven Days of Posting, and I'm out of fresh ideas.  So you get an outfit post.  And while I'm planning to wear it to church today, I also wore it yesterday.  But I have four young children, a husband who doesn't take very good photographs, plans for lunch after church with out-of-town family (3 adults, six kids 5 and under...should be interesting), and we go to church an hour away--photos weren't going to happen today.  So let's just pretend I took these pictures on Sunday, k?
Okay, so this isn't particularly vintage, but the style is evocative, I think. Plus, nursing mamas have to be realistic about some stuff.
One of my favorite pins--it is small, lightweight, and I don't have to worry about any sharp edges poking soft baby skin.

Earrings from Ireland (to replace a pair of Celtic knots from Scotland that I lost)

Awesomest snood ever from Arthelia's Attic.  

Victory rolls (heh--they look better from the top)

My shoes (we don't wear shoes in the house, so I didn't have them on in the first photo)  I love these--the wedge is just enough of a heel to be interesting, but they are so comfortable and easy to walk in.  Plus they go with everything.


Outfit Details:

Alfred Dunner skirt: Thrifted, ThredUP
Navy blue camisole: Forever 21 (for $1.80!)
Navy cardigan: Merona from Target (similar)
Silver brooch: Thrifted from Career Wardrobe
Celtic knot earrings: Gift shop in Kilkenny Ireland
Denim Demi-Wedges: Hanna Montana for Payless thifted (brand new!) from Career Wardrobe
Navy blue crocheted snood: Arthelia's Attic


3 comments:

  1. really was super cute! very becoming and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the vintage look. Love!! Your hair looks wonderful, with the addition of the snood it's spot on my friend. Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and I love the shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!