I used markers to color the fish and the seashell, and to add highlights. I stamped the shell on Baked Brown Sugar cardstock to keep the tone of the card down.
Supplies: Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Calypso Coral cardstock
Chocolate Chip, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Pool Party inks, Blush Blossom (marker), Daffodil Delight (marker), Pear Pizzazz (marker), Pool Party (marker), Sahara Sand (marker)
By the Tide, Express Yourself stamp sets
Candy Dots (brights)
Paper snips
Dimensionals
This one just uses some sponging technique--it is a very fast and easy card. The shell is stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock.
Supplies:
Sahara Sand, Island Indigo, Whisper White cardstock
Island Indigo, Pool Party, Soft Sky, So Saffron, Summer Starfruit, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso inks, Pink Pirouette marker
Chalk Talk, By the Tide stamp sets
White gel pen
1 3/8" circle punch
dimensionals
I think this one is my favorite of the three. I used brayer technique on the top half of the card, and sponging/masking on the bottom half. I didn't have Coastal Cabana ink, so I used Bermuda Bay instead, but I think Pool Party would have worked also. Also, I stamped the shell on Sahara Sand cardstock, which mutes the color a lot.
Supplies:
Coastal Cabana, Whisper White cardstock
Summer Starfruit, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake Soft Suede inks, Pink Pirouette marker (shell)
By the Tide, Six-Sided Sampler stamp sets
Linen Thread
Sponges
Dimensionals



I think these look great! The last is my fave too! :) so nice to get a bit of time to make something! :) I am sewing together more of the blanket; thanks for your encouragement! :)
ReplyDelete