Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday Stamping: Twitterpated

Day 6 of Seven Days of Posting.  This little exercise has been illuminating to me.  It has been hard to come up with that much content, after blogging once a week or less for the past several years.  I did a lot of creative work this week, but not much in the way of stamping.  I had great ambitions, but Ponchik was very fussy in the afternoons this week and it just didn't happen.  I can show you a few cards I made for the troops last spring using the Twitterpated designer series paper, however, and I have a recipe to share!








And my recipe.  I saw a recipe for no-bake cookies circulating on Facebook, and I suddenly had a vague memory of my mother making something similar when I was a child.  I looked at the ingredients (peanut butter) and knew that couldn't be it, since I'm allergic to nuts, so I asked her if she remembered them.  She did!  And sent me the recipe with her modifications for my allergies.  I adjusted the sugar (the first iteration was far to sweet) and they are just as good as I remember!  (and reducing the sugar makes them taste richer--win!)

Look at the deliciousness.

Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin No-Bake Cookies


Boil for 2 minutes:
1 cup sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa 
1/2 cup milk
1/8 salt

Add:
3 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup butter (or peanut/soynut butter if you prefer)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of raisins






Mix and spoon on waxed paper and chill - makes 3 dozen or so. It's been so hot I've been keeping them in the fridge so they stay solid, but you don't have to.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!