Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Five Favorites: Dreher Edition

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com
I know, I'm sort of a linkie junkie right now, but it is keeping me blogging regularly in the middle of a lot of chaos.  Go see Hallie at Moxie Wife for more Faves!

1. Rod Dreher. I mentioned to my husband yesterday that we're suddenly having a Rod Dreher lovefest around here--almost every day we are discussing one of his many blog posts, or The Little Way of Ruthie Leming, or Crunchy Cons (which we both read several years ago).  It is fun to rediscover an author, and find you like him even more!



2. Flipz.  I dare you to eat just one.


3. Outlander: the tv series.  Holy smokes, I don't know where to start, I'm so excited!!  I've been reading Diana Galbaldon's books for years (and rereading them every year or so).  I saw on Facebook this morning that they've cast Jamie Fraser, and while I was skeptical when I first saw Sam Heughan's headshot, I think he is a perfect pick!  (Diana's commentary on the good casting call didn't hurt either).


Put some red hair on that guy, and he's Jamie to a T.  I can't wait to see who is cast as Claire, or Roger, or Bree, or....so.excited.  Now, how to kill time until 2014...



4. Carrying on traditions. Ponchik was baptized this past Saturday, and was able to wear the dress I wore for my own baptism!  My mom was ill after my birth and couldn't get out of the house for some time, so my dad went and picked it out.  My mom said the other day it seemed like yesterday that he walked in the door with that little pink dress. (That's me in the pic)  I'm a family/social traditions history junkie, so I love being able to carry things like that forward.  

5.  7 Things to Tell our Daughters.  Just avoid the comments section of the post (too much vitroil and polemic) and enjoy the writer's thoughts.  Good things to keep in mind for myself, now raising two daughters (and two sons who should learn how to treat and be treated by a woman).

2 comments:

  1. so wonderful to be able to carry on traditions! my baptism pictures almost all have me SCREAMING... :) apparently the pastor said that I gave him completion... :) :)

    I should look at some of the R. D. blog posts... do feel free to point me to some of your favourites of late... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comparison history pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!